Wednesday 20 March 2024

Blessed Ostara and submerged flowers

 I am still tinkering away creating submerged floral images and thoroughly enjoying myself. Lots of people have been in touch asking questions, pretty much every day, with numerous requests for a tutorial, despite this being a fairly new thing for me. On looking online, I found very little in the way of resources to help us learn how to create submerged floral photos, so I have decided to create a tutorial which will be available in the coming weeks. I have already created 45 slides for the tutorial and taken a few video clips which I am in the process of learning how to put together for a presentation. I have managed to create very simple videos and have started a Youtube channel which I will be adding to as and when I can manage. 

My first mini videos are on there now. This mini video accompanies theis blog as it shows me creating submerged flower photos for Ostara 

Ostara Submerged flowers video



Today is Ostara - Blessed Ostara everyone

These images were photographed specifically for Ostara, which is a pagan celebration of the start of Spring, my images here celebrate Ostara, with the promise of new life, new blooms and warmer days to come. Daffodils are often associated with this festival and here they are depicted coming out of the darkness of winter and into Spring, a time promising the warmth of sunshine, new life and abundance. I created a set using a nest with eggs and spring flowers frm my garden, plus some deceased butterflies that I had as photography props. These are all elements associated with Ostara
I used the colours associated with this celebration, green, yellow and white for this series.







This is just a quick blog today as all my energy is going into trying to produce the tutorial. Wishing you all a wonderful spring time 
Here are a few new Crocus images that I took last month, the only time I have managed to get out to do some photography in a few months - it was bliss. Taken in a local park, I barely had to move more than 50ft in all to get these images. Its a gorgeous spot in Richardson Dees park, fully accessible and easy to get around on a mobility scooter.





Once I am finished producing my tutorial I will be back to creating more submerged images of spring flowers, many with folklore connections. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Ostara and submerged flowers

 I am still tinkering away creating submerged floral images and thoroughly enjoying myself. Lots of people have been in touch asking questio...